Legislatively funded, Microsoft Imagine Academy resources are available to all Washington middle, junior and senior high school students and staff. These resources include curriculum, industry-recognized exams, software and support. Available certification programs are:
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification is recognized globally as the premier credential that validates the desktop computing skills needed to use the full features and functionality of Microsoft Office products.
Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification is an entry-level credential that validates fundamental technology skills and knowledge among those pursuing a career in technology. MTA addresses a wide range of critical technology concepts with exams that are designed to assess and validate core technical concepts in three primary areas: Developer, Database, and IT Professional.
Microsoft Technical Certifications (MTC) are the starting point for all students interested in understanding cloud offerings from Microsoft including Microsoft Azure, Microsoft 365, and Microsoft Dynamics.
Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE) certification validates that educators have the global educator technology literacy competencies needed to provide a rich, custom learning experience for students.
Distance Learning Tools
Available programs and curricular offerings have been adjusted to meet new distance learning pedagogies.
- Certiport Exams from Home – industry-recognized certifications that can be taken from home, scheduled by a teacher and fully proctored.
- Office 365 for Education for Educators and Students – deployed by district IT for students and staff in their district to have local install access for the Microsoft Office suite. Students can enter their school-issued email to access Microsoft Office; even for home use.
- Microsoft 365 FastTrack – district IT support, directly from Microsoft engineers, for Office 365 setup. No minimum seat requirement currently.
- CCI Learning Curriculum for Microsoft Office Specialist – tutorial for login.
- Microsoft Imagine Academy (MSIA) curriculum for Microsoft Office Specialist and Microsoft Technical Associate – tutorial for login credentials per building.
- Processes to use the learning resources in a streamlined distance learning method.
- Fostering a remote learning environment with student-centered tools – a Microsoft, three-part course, to maximize accessibility, Special Education, and online learning: supporting equity in a remote learning environment.
- CCI Learning Curriculum and MSIA Curriculum – contact email@example.com for ideas
The Value of Certification – Help Students Earn Industry Recognized Certifications – Skills in Demand
Earning a globally recognized certification (or multiple certifications) aids students with their current studies and their transition after graduation to the workplace.
Official industry-recognized certifications are career qualifications – students will be adding skills to their resume that are instantly transferrable to a work environment. In particular: over 95% of organizations and home users standardize in the Microsoft Office suite of applications. Therefore, Microsoft Office Specialist is a relevant program for all students in Washington State.
By earning a certification, students will:
- Demonstrate their skills on the latest technologies
- Have a firm measure of and increased confidence in their skills
- Achieve a greater degree of success in pursuit of their career
- Gain recognition among peers and employers, and a distinct edge in the competitive job market
- Chart a career development path – Certification got me hired at 15 a WA student success story
Benefits of certifying students:
- 17% higher GPAs
- 93% decrease in drop-out rate
- 7% decrease in absentees
- 23% increase in earning secondary degrees
Actualization, Support, Training and Success
We serve our customers with virtual training webinars, personal outreach, and experiences that ensure understanding of the products and services. Our team are experts that work hard to make sure educators, administrators, teachers, and program managers are relaxed, motivated, comfortable, and excited to understand and implement the learning in a variety of environments. With the pivot to a distance learning environment, we offer the following to help educators navigate this new landscape, including:
- Regular Webinars and Educator Sandbox Meetup Sessions
- Web-based resource alignment with expedited learning ideas and celebrations!
- Reliable and Trusted expertise via email/telephone and virtual meeting
- Jasperactive learning product available for free through June 30, 2020, through Certiport – click here to register
- To keep up to date with the latest information, as well as leader boards and sharing of best practices, please join our WA Microsft Certification Facebook Group.
Contact Information – CCI Learning Educator Support Team
|Email & Connect on Teams
|WA Team Expert
|Director of IT
Team Email: firstname.lastname@example.org