CCI LEARNING SOLUTIONS INC. - Terms and Conditions of Sale
The Quote or Order and these Terms and Conditions of Sale contained herein become the agreement between CCI Learning Solutions Inc. (“Seller”) and the organization listed on the Quote or Order (“Buyer”) for the sale of goods and/or services as described in the Quote or Order (hereinafter the “Agreement”). Seller’s agreement to provide the goods and/or services is expressly conditional on Buyer’s assent to this Agreement. If Buyer objects to any terms herein, such objection must be in writing and delivered to Seller within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of this document. Failure to make such timely exception or acceptance of any goods or services by Buyer shall be conclusively deemed asset to the terms and conditions herein.
- Order Acceptance and Complete Agreement. All requests for goods or services received by Seller are subject to revision and rejection by Seller. Buyer’s acceptance of goods and/or services evidences Buyer’s acceptance of these terms and conditions. This Agreement may not be altered or modified except in writing duly executed by both parties. Except as set forth herein, the parties agree there are no other contracts or agreements between them, oral or written, with respect to the products and/or services procured hereunder (including any made or implied past dealings). No additional or different terms and conditions stated in or attached to Buyer’s order or Buyer’s communications to Seller, including, but not limited to, Buyer’s orders, purchase order or other communication to Seller are applicable to this transaction in any way, and are hereby rejected and shall not be considered as Buyer’s exceptions to these terms and conditions. Trade custom, trade usage and past performance are hereby superseded and shall not be used to interpret these terms and conditions. Buyer acknowledges that Buyer may be required to sign additional licenses and agreements prior to any goods or services delivered under this Agreement being utilized.
- Implementation of Services. Implementation of services or the delivery of goods to Buyer is subject to the Seller’s Administrative Department approval which will control the fulfilment to Buyer.
- Payment, Prices and Setoff. Payment terms are payment on order before fulfillment unless the Buyer has arranged other terms of payment with the Seller prior to the placement of the Quote or Order. Prices stated on the order exclude shipping and handling charges agreed by Seller in writing. In addition, Buyer waives any rights of setoff.
- Title. Unless stated elsewhere in this Agreement, all shipment of goods shall be delivered F.O.B. Seller’s facility, and any loss or damage thereafter shall not relieve Buyer from any obligation hereunder. Buyer shall be liable for costs of insurance and transportation and for all import duties, taxes and any other expenses incurred or licenses or clearance required at port of entry and destination.
- Termination or Cancellation of this Agreement. This Agreement, and all rights, and if applicable any licenses granted herein by Seller to Buyer, may be terminated by either party for a material breach of an obligation imposed upon a party by this Agreement, but only after written notice by the non-breaching party has been given to the breaching party. Such notice must provide for an opportunity to cure such material breach of at least thirty (30) days following receipt of the notice by the breaching party. If the breaching party has not cured the breach by the cure date stated in the notice, only then may the non-breaching party giving the notice terminate this Agreement (and all rights and if applicable any licenses granted herein). In the event of termination for breach, the breaching party will be liable to the other party for reasonable wind-up and program management costs.
- Legal Compliance. Buyer, at all times, shall comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Intellectual Property. Seller shall retain all rights to pre-existing ideas, processes, procedures, and materials used by Seller in developing or providing products and/or services to Buyer (Seller’s Materials). Buyer shall own all title and interest in any materials created under this Agreement unless those materials are based on Seller’s Materials. Buyer grants Seller a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to use Buyer’s Trademarks or provided materials in the provision of goods or services hereunder.
- Limited Warranty. Seller warrants that it will perform the services in a professional and workmanlike manner. THE WARRANTIES IN THIS AGREEMENT REPLACE ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES ARE DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED BY SELLER.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will Seller be liable, in breach of warranty, contract, tort, strict liability, or under any other legal theory, for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive and/or exemplary damages, losses or expenses, or for loss of profit, revenue or data, regardless of whether Buyer was informed about the possibility of such damages, and in no event will Seller’s total liability exceed an amount equal to the price of the goods or services giving rise to the liability even if Seller has knowledge of the possibility of the potential loss or damage.
- Buyer Specifications Indemnity. Where allowed by law, Buyer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Seller for all claims, whether arising in tort or contract, against Buyer and/or Seller (including reasonable Attorney’s fees, expenses and costs), arising out of the application of Seller’s goods or services to Buyer’s specifications, designs, or statement of work, if applicable.
- Confidentiality. Each party agrees that (i) all data or information which is submitted by one party to the other, which is confidential and is designated or characterized as secret, confidential, or proprietary (“Confidential Information”) will be kept in confidence by the other party hereto and shall not be used, published, revealed, provided, disclosed, or made available to any third party, whether directly or indirectly without the prior written consent of the disclosing party; (ii) it will use the other party’s Confidential Information only as may be necessary in the course of performing its duties, receiving services or exercising its rights under this Agreement; (iii) it will treat such information as confidential and proprietary; (iv) it will take all reasonable precautions to protect the other party’s Confidential Information, including, but not limited to, such precautions exercised by the receiving party to protect its own confidential information; and (v) it will not otherwise appropriate such information to its own use or to the use of any other person or entity. Each party will be liable to the other only in the event of a willful and material disclosure of such confidential data or information. The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be deemed confidential in accordance with this Section.
- Infringement by Seller. Seller agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Buyer and Buyer’s directors, officers, employees, successors, and assigns from and against any and all third party claims that any goods and/or services supplied by Seller to Buyer constitute direct infringement of any United States trademark, patents, copyrights and Seller agrees to pay all damages and costs finally awarded thereunder by a court of competent jurisdiction against Buyer, provided that Seller has been promptly informed and furnished a copy of each communication, notice or other action relating to the alleged infringement and Seller is given authority, information and assistance (at Seller’s expense) necessary to defend or settle said claim.
- Infringement by Buyer. Buyer agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Seller and Seller’s directors, officers, employees, successors, and assigns from and against any and all claims that the information, content, trademarks, specifications or materials furnished by Buyer to Seller under this Agreement infringe any trademark, patents, copyrights, or other intellectual property right and Buyer agrees to pay all damages and costs finally awarded thereunder by a court of competent jurisdiction against Seller, provided that Seller furnished notice to Buyer relating to the claim and Buyer is given information about the claim. It is Buyer’s responsibility and expense to defend or settle said claim. If the content of the information or materials furnished by Buyer under this Agreement is proven to infringe a trademark, patent, copyright, or other intellectual property right or Buyer determines that the content of any information or materials furnished to Seller under this Agreement will infringe such rights, or Buyer is enjoined from using the information or materials furnished by Buyer to Seller under this Agreement then Buyer, at Buyer’s sole discretion and expense shall (i) procure for Seller the right to continue using such information or material, (ii) replace the information or material with a non-infringing product, or (iii) modify the information or product so it becomes non-infringing.
- Force Majeure. The obligations of the parties under this Agreement (including all obligations of Seller relating to time limits and deadlines for implementation and updating under this Agreement) shall be suspended, to the extent a party is hindered or prevented from complying therewith and for a reasonable time thereafter because of acts beyond a party’s control. In the event of such delay, the date of delivery or time of completion will be extended by a period of time reasonably necessary to overcome the effect of any such delay.
- General. It is mutually agreed that any provisions of this Agreement, which, by their nature, should reasonably survive termination or expiration of this Agreement will survive. Seller’s relationship to Buyer is that of an independent contractor. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the Province of British Columbia, Canada without giving effect to the principles of conflicts law thereof, unless otherwise required by law. Both Parties to this Agreement consent to the interpretation of laws, jurisdiction, and venue in the provincial and federal courts sitting in the Province of British Columbia, unless otherwise required by law. If a provision of this Section is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the court may modify it to make such provision enforceable. This Agreement is solely for the benefit of the parties hereto and no provision of this Agreement shall be deemed to create any rights in, be deemed to have been executed for the benefit of, nor confer upon any other person or entity not a party hereto any remedy, claim, liability, reimbursement, cause of action or other rights.