Our Licensing arm is CCI Learning’s newest division that attaches software licensing to our overall business. As our solutions, content and deployment people spend time with education systems, we are very often in the prime spot to be selling licensing for Microsoft as a Authorized Educational Partner.
Volume Licensing Overview:
Enrollment for Education Solutions
Introducing the Enrollment for Education Solutions from Microsoft Volume Licensing
Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES) is an easy, cost-effective licensing offer that provides academic institutions with assured coverage for desktop platform products with one annual employee and/or student count, the flexibility to add products in any quantity, and simplified asset management—all under a single subscription agreement.
In today’s complex education IT environments, the EES provides primary, secondary, and higher education institutions:
- An affordable volume based price and the rights to the latest Microsoft Enterprise software products, including: Microsoft Office Professional Plus, Windows Enterprise upgrade, Microsoft Core Client Access License (CAL) Suite, and Microsoft Enterprise CAL Suite.
- The simplicity of counting full-time equivalent (FTE) employees and/or students just once per year for on premises software.
- Software Assurance; a powerful combination of benefits that include new version rights, the Home Use Program (HUP), and many other advantages, including tools and training resources.
- A broad selection of additional Microsoft software products that may be licensed in any quantity.
- Microsoft Office 365 Education A2, which provides Office Web Apps, email, calendars, collaboration, instant messaging, conferencing, and more through many popular web browsers.
- Predictable annual payments with a one-year or three-year term option.
Software Assurance is a comprehensive maintenance offering. It offers a broad range of benefits that help you get the most out of your software license purchases. These benefits are available throughout the software management life cycle, so you can access them when you need them.Software Assurance benefits contribute to the return on your technology investment by helping you with budget predictability, minimized downtime, and improved productivity. And Software Assurance can help you lower the operating expenses for employee development, deployment, and support costs. This program also offers other advantages, depending on how you activate and use the benefits.
With EES, Software Assurance is included with your software licenses. For information about Software Assurance benefits, please visit microsoft.com…
EES provides participating institutions the following benefits:
- Easy Compliance: Through the simplicity and predictability of counting FTE employees and/or students just once per year, you can be confident you are fully covered for the desktop platform products you’ve selected regardless of yearly fluctuations in employees, students, or devices.
- Customized Solutions: Easily add products either organization-wide, department-wide, or for individual licenses, at any time during your subscription term so you can deliver the right mix of technology and services to your faculty, staff, and students.
- A broad selection of Microsoft software products, such as Microsoft Visio drawing and diagramming software, Microsoft Project, Office 365, the Windows Server operating system, and Microsoft Exchange Server are available as additional products through EES.
- Student Licensing options are also available and provide a convenient and cost-effective way for you to license software and services for your students so they may collaborate easily and have access to the software they need.
The Microsoft Imagine Academy Program is an annual subscription-based program designed for accredited academic institutions worldwide.It empowers academic institutions to help students realize their skills and career potential through relevant, high-quality and latest technology training resources. With these resources, educators can prepare their students to enter the workforce with skills that are in demand by employers.
The Microsoft Imagine Academy Program resources are flexible, and easy to integrate into new or existing curricula. And, with today’s tighter budgets, they help schools keep pace with technology and save money.
- Cloud on Your Terms: Free* access to Office 365 Education A2, plus the ability to subscribe to additional Microsoft Online Services through your EES Licensing Solution Provider (LSP) means you have the flexibility to move users back and forth between on-premises software and cloud services, match and adjust online service plans to meet your users’ needs, and add and adjust Online Services as needed so you can transition to the cloud on at your pace.*No license fee; doesn’t include deployment or support costs associated with the service.
- Simplified Asset Management: Self-service tools such as the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center enable you to easily track and manage your software assets and Software Assurance benefits from one convenient, online location.
- Low Administration: Subscription licensing eliminates the need to track licenses for the selected desktop platform products on every PC, which enables your IT staff to be more productive, as they no longer have to track multiple licenses across the institution.
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership: Realize the maximum value from your licensing investment with included benefits such as access to current technology, Work at Home Rights for faculty and staff, product evaluation rights, Software Assurance for Microsoft Volume Licensing, and Microsoft Office 365 Education Plan A2.
- Student Advantage Benefit: When you license Office 365 ProPlus or Office Professional Plus organization-wide for all of your faculty and staff employees, you qualify for no-cost Office 365 ProPlus subscription licenses for your students through the EES Student Option.
Easy Compliance and Administration
When you license the desktop platform products or any additional products for use on all of the organization-owned or leased devices within the participating institution, your administrators and users know that the product use is covered. Although you report a faculty/staff FTE employee count when submitting your annual order, all institution owned or leased devices are licensed to run all products you choose to license institution-wide, during the subscription year. Any new faculty or staff members added to the participating institution are licensed to use the devices running the licensed products.
Your students can also use the licensed product on institution-owned or leased devices located in classrooms or open access labs. To license your students for running products on a device the student either personally owns or is institution-owned and is assigned for an individual student’s exclusive use, you may enroll in the Student Option.
Wide Product Selection
You may order subscription licenses for a wide selection of Microsoft software and Online Services through the EES program. Please refer to the Microsoft Volume Licensing Product List at microsoft.com… for a complete list of currently available products.
EES Desktop Platform Products
EES offers you access to the most recent releases of the EES desktop platform products*. To participate in EES, you start by choosing at least one of the following desktop platform products that you will license organization-wide. The EES desktop platform products are as follows:
- Windows Enterprise upgrade
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus and Office for Mac
- Office 365 ProPlus Subscription**
- Microsoft Core CAL Suite***
(Includes Windows Server CAL, SharePoint Server
Standard CAL, Exchange Server Standard CAL, System Center Configuration
Manager Client Management License, System Center Endpoint Protection, and Lync
Server Standard CAL.)
- Microsoft Enterprise CAL Suite***
(Includes all Core CAL Suite components plus
Exchange Server Enterprise CAL with Services, Exchange Online Archiving for
Exchange Server, SharePoint Server Enterprise CAL, Lync Server Enterprise CAL,
Windows Server Active Directory Rights Management Services CAL, and System
Center Client Management Suite)
- Education Desktop with Core CAL Suite
- Education Desktop with Enterprise CAL Suite
The Student Option
The EES Student Option provides a convenient and cost-effective way for you to license selected products for use by your students on a personally-owned computer or an institution-owned computer assigned for the student’s exclusive use (i.e., a computer checked out to a student for the school year) based on an annual count of full-time equivalent (FTE) students.You may choose any of the available EES application, system, or CAL products for your students. The products selected do not have to match those selected for your institution computers. All products licensed through the Student Option must be ordered for the full Student FTE count.
To help make it simple and cost effective to provide software for your students, Microsoft provides free electronic software distribution services through an authorized Digital Distribution Service Provider (DDSP). The DDSP sets up a web store for you or your reseller to facilitate delivering software and any keys necessary for activating individual products to your licensed students. Free phone- and email-based activation support is also provided to students by the DDSP.
*The products listed may be replaced by successor products, which in turn will also be considered desktop platform products.
**You must order User Subscription Licenses (USLs) for each employee in the organization on a 1:1 basis.
***Individual CAL Suite components must be ordered organization-wide, but are not desktop platform products.
You may select individual EES desktop platform products to license organization-wide, or you may license an EES Education Desktop platform suite, which combines your Windows upgrade, Office, and CAL Suite licenses into one convenient SKU at a price that offers savings when compared to the cost of licensing those products individually.
The EES Education Desktop platform suites include:
|EDUCATION DESKTOP WITH CORE CAL SUITE||EDUCATION DESKTOP WITH ENTERPRISE CAL SUITE|
|Windows Enterprise upgrade||Windows Enterprise upgrade|
|Microsoft Office Professional Plus and Office for Mac||Microsoft Office Professional Plus and Office for Mac|
|Microsoft Core CAL Suite||Microsoft Enterprise CAL Suite|
You can also acquire the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) for Software
Assurance as part of your Professional Desktop Platform Suite or Enterprise Desktop Platform Suite, making it easier for you to license MDOP that is consistent with the acquisition of the rest of your platform selection.
Additional Software Products
For on-premises deployment, a broad selection of software is available as additional products under your EES. They provide the same License & Software Assurance coverage as desktop platform products. With the exception of Core CAL Suite or Enterprise CAL Suite component CALs (which must be licensed organization-wide based on your FTE employee count), the organization can license additional products for any quantity specified, ranging from one license to the entire FTE employee count.
Examples of software products available as additional products include Microsoft Office Visio, Microsoft Project, Windows Server, and Exchange Server. Examples of CALs available as additional products include the Microsoft SQL Server database software CALs and Microsoft Dynamics CRM CALs. Examples of Online Services include Microsoft Office Live Meeting and Microsoft Forefront Protection for Exchange. You can see a complete list of additional products on the Microsoft Volume Licensing Product List.
When you license additional products organization-wide, the software can be deployed on any institution-owned or leased device, including the institution’s labs, and can be used by any faculty, staff, or student belonging to the institution. (Not covered by the organization-wide count are student-owned devices and organization owned devices that are assigned to an individual student.)
Flexibility for on-premise, cloud, and hybrid environments
EES makes it easy to transition to the cloud on your terms and at your pace. By participating in EES, you are eligible to order Office 365 Plan A2 at no license charge for you faculty/staff employees and students. You also have the option to order other Office 365 plans at academic discounts either through your EES or the Microsoft Online Subscription Program. Get plan details…
Acquiring EES Coverage
Depending upon the size of your organization, you may acquire EES coverage through:
- Customers with as few as five (5) full-time equivalent (FTE) employees or students can license through an Authorized Education Reseller (AER) by signing the simplified Open Value Subscription Agreement for Education Solutions, online agreement.
These resellers are authorized to sell Microsoft academic edition products and volume licenses to qualified education users. To participate in EES or any of our other academic Volume Licensing programs, or to obtain current pricing, please contact CCI Learning.
Getting Started with EES
To qualify for ESS by purchasing licenses for on-premises software, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Meet the minimum number of FTE employees or students.*
- You must have an organization-wide count of five (5) or more FTE employees.
- License at least one desktop platform product.
- You must license at least one desktop platform product for the organization-wide FTE employee or FTE student count defined in your enrollment or agreement.
*Individual CAL Suite components must be ordered organization-wide but are not desktop platform products and do not qualify to meet this minimum requirement.
You may define your “organization” as:
- Your entire Institution, including all of its affiliates, departments, and school locations
- Your Institution only (including all of its departments and school locations, but not including any affiliates)
- Your Institution plus named affiliates, departments, school locations, and/or clearly defined user groups.
- A selected list of departments, school locations, and/or clearly defined user groups, if your Institution is a school without departments or school locations.
Please refer to your contract documents for legal definitions for defining your organization.