Comprehensive Lessons with
- Lesson 1: Operating Systems
- Lesson 2: Hardware
- Lesson 3: Networks and Mobile Devices
- Lesson 4: File Management and Cloud Computing
- Lesson 5: Software and Apps
- Lesson 6: Troubleshooting and Backup and Restore
- Lesson 7: Security Concepts
- Lesson 8: Using Applications
- Lesson 9: Using Microsoft Word
- Lesson 10: Using Microsoft Exce
- Lesson 11: Understanding Database Concepts
- Lesson 12: Using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Lesson 13: There’s an App for That
- Lesson 14: Looking at the Internet
- Lesson 15: Managing Media Literacy
- Lesson 16: Digital Communication
- Lesson 17: Understanding Email and Calendaring
- Lesson 18: Your Life Online
IC3 GS5 is the Newest Addition to the IC3 Digital Literacy Program
Technology is ever evolving, and the need to understand basic computer skills is increasing. Are you new to computers or have limited exposure? The Internet and Computing Core Digital Literacy Certification program provides students and job seekers with a foundation of knowledge needed to succeed in any environment that requires the use of computers, devices, or the Internet.
CCI Learning’s IC3 Global Standard 5 (GS5) courseware fully prepares students and job seekers for the IC3 Digital Literacy Certification. Targeted toward new computer users‚ it introduces what digital literacy means and what can be accomplished using a computer. Learn essential skills for computer literacy using application programs commonly found in school and business environments, and focus on the most critical elements that drive technology today.
Internationally Recognized Digital Literacy Standard
Digital literacy is becoming a requirement for success in almost any field. The IC3 Global Standard 5 is the most up-to-date internationally recognized standard for digital literacy.
Maps Directly to the IC3 Digital Literacy Exam Objectives
Like its predecessors, the IC3 Global Standard (GS5) certification is comprised of three exams: Computing Fundamentals, Living Online, and Key Applications.
Computing Fundamentals covers a foundational understanding of computing.
Key Applications covers popular word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications and the common features of all applications.
Living Online covers skills for working in an Internet or networked environment.
How Does the Global Standard 5 Differ From the Global Standard 4?
- Focuses on a wider range of technologies, specifically cellular networks, smart phones, tablets and apps of all shapes and colors
- Contains objectives related to obtaining cellular services and what might be involved as far as contracts and data plans
- Dives into deeper discussions of Wi-Fi versus networked via Ethernet
- Places a heavy emphasis on cloud services (OneDrive, Google Drive) and web apps
Save Time With Our Teacher Resources
CCI Learning provides Teacher Resources as part of the complete Internet and Computing Core Global Standard 5 (GS5) Courseware Solution.
Our Teacher Resources enhance the learning environment by providing useful tools to prepare and enhance course delivery, saving you valuable class preparation time.
Teacher Resources Include:
- Teacher Data Files
- Teacher Slides
- Answers to Review Questions
- Lesson Notes